The Physician Assistant Studies program at the University of Saint Francis accepts applications through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
The most competitive applicants will have completed all admissions requirements BEFORE submitting their application.
These requirements include the following:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or submit equivalency verification for foreign credentials.
- Submit scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). You must have a minimum score of 4.0 on the Analytical Writing section and competitive scores on the Verbal and Quantitative sections. The USF GRE code is 1693.
- Satisfactorily complete 12 credit hours in chemistry with a grade of “C” or better, including one semester of each of the following courses: general chemistry, organic chemistry and biochemistry.
- Satisfactorily complete, with a grade of “C” or better, 15 credit hours in biology, including the equivalent of two semesters of human anatomy and physiology, and a course in microbiology.
- Satisfactorily complete, with a grade of “C” or better, six credit hours in the area of psychology.
- Possess direct patient care experience.
- Direct and responsible forms of patient care experience in compensated positions are preferred.
- Clinical components of the educational experience required for other healthcare professions are considered, but may not totally fulfill this requirement.
- Volunteer activities and appropriate life experience will be considered, but will not totally fulfill this requirement.